Bihar polls: PM Modi, Rahul to hit campaign trail: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will start campaigning for the upcoming Assembly elections in Bihar from Friday. He will address three rallies at Dehri-on Sone (Rohtas district), Gaya and Bhagalpur, while defence minister Rajnath Singh and Sanjay Jaiswal are scheduled to address the public in Badh, Nokha and Aurangabad. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is also set to hit the ground and will address two rallies at Nawada and Bhagalpur.
Bhima-Koregaon case: NIA court rejects Stan Swamy’s bail plea: The special National Investigating Agency court has rejected the interim bail plea filed by 83-year-old activist Father Stan Swamy, who was arrested in connection with Bhima-Koregaon case. Swamy was arrested on October 8 from his residence in Ranchi.
3. Alone in cell, virtually in solitary confinement: Umar Khalid tells court: Former JNU student Umar Khalid has told a Delhi court that he has been kept under solitary confinement by Tihar Jail authorities for several days and asked the court why he was being punished. “I need security but security cannot be that I cannot step out at all. This is like a punishment, why am I been given this punishment?” he asked during the hearing.
4. Centre allows all foreigners except tourists to enter India: The Home Ministry on Thursday further liberalised the visa restrictions imposed due to the Covid-19 pandemic by allowing entry to all foreigners except tourists. Besides, the government has also allowed all Overseas Citizen of India, Person of Indian Origin card holders and all other foreign nationals to visit the country
5. Any Country That Interferes In American Elections Will Pay A Price: Biden: Democratic White House challenger Joe Bidenin his final debate with Donald Trump warned any country that interferes in the US election “will pay a price” if he is elected. “I made it clear that any country, no matter who it is, if it interferes with American elections will pay a price. They will pay a price,” Biden said.
6. Russia Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine to be tested on 100 Indian volunteers: The Russian Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 will be tested in India on 100 volunteers, the Indian Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation’s Drug Controller General (DCGI) told Russian news agency Sputnik on Thursday.
7. KC(M) faction formally inducted into LDF in Kerala: A week after it parted ways with the Congress-led United Democratic Front as a fallout of an intra-party power struggle, a faction of the Kerala Congress (M) led by Jose K Mani was formally inducted into the ruling Left Democratic Front on Thursday.
8. Free Covid-19 vaccine in Tamil Nadu: CM Palaniswami: The BJP’s promise of free Covid vaccine in Bihar ahead of state elections, was followed by a “me too” announcement from Tamil Nadu. Amid criticism of the BJP move on social media and opposition parties, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E Palaniswami said a vaccine will be distributed free of charge in his state as well.
9.Recoveries outnumber fresh Covid cases for 8th day in K’taka: The recovery count outnumbered fresh Covid cases in Karnataka for the 8th consecutive day. On Thursday, 13,550 patients were discharged, post-recovery, which is far higher than the 5,778 new cases that were reported.
10. Karnataka attracted highest investments in India: BSY : Karnataka has attracted investments worth Rs 1.38 lakh crore and this is the highest in India, Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa said on Thursday. This will create 70,000 direct employment in the state, he added while wooing investors during his address to the 7th National Forum 2020 of the New Delhi-based Public Affairs Forum of India that was held virtually.